[TowerTalk] Wil-Burt tower at PGA Atlanta

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wil-Burt tower at PGA Atlanta
From: (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 01:15:49 -0400
I noticed a portable tower mounted on a trailer rig that appeared to be a
Tri-EX heavy duty 70 footer.   The tower mounts on top of the trailer rig
and tilts up and locks down into a big base.   I looked at the Wil-Burt page
and its listed as the CT-85 under the Tri-Com option.   Looks like models go
to 85 feet.   I stopped and asked and the crew said they thought it costs
about $16,000.  Too rich for most hams!

73 Dave K4JRB

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,