[TowerTalk] Mystery antenna switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mystery antenna switch
From: k3hx@juno.com (tttt ccccc)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 01:37:02 -0400

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me identify an antenna switch I've
come across.

The thing has a distinct military look, likely Navy and had a tag wired
on saying:

S820-01-X84-0270

Amplifier Input Selector

It is in a light grey aluminum box about 8" on a side with 5 lights
across the

top of the face.  Also on the face is a selector switch marked
"Off-1-2-3-4-5."

 On the rear are 6 SO-239 jacks in a hexagon around a central SO-239.

  The rear has the Dow-Key trademark and the mark 71- 250402.

The guts of the thing are 6 plunger type 115 vac solenoids which each
bend a leaf

connection from the center conductor of one of the 6 SO-239 connectors to

connect with a disk connected to the central SO-239.

Any info on this would be welcomed.

73

Tim  K3HX

CW Elitist