[TowerTalk] Crank-up towers

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-up towers
From: (
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:14:04 -0400
I am sure this has been discussed frequently in the past, but I have been off
the reflector for about a year. I am in the process of putting up a tower. I am
limited to self supporting or crank up by space and xyl restrictions (no #^@%
guy wires). My hamming time comes in spurts and therefore am leaning towards
crank up so that I can put tower up high during my active periods and down
otherwise. I plan to use a tribander for 20-15-10 and probably a WARC beam
above it. I am not extremely knowledgeable regarding benefit of 89ft over 72ft.
ANy experience or recommendations. If there is a thread somewhere that I can be
pointed to rather than getting responses here, please point me to it. Thanks
for your help.
Ken N4KF
Graham, NC

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,