[TowerTalk] TH6 SWR on 10m

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6 SWR on 10m
From: k9zm@frontiernet.net (Greg Gobleman)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:12:53 -0500
After playing with my Telrex TB6EM for several years, I think it has
something to do with the feedpoint.  I am not as familiar with the Hy Gain
but it would seem the Telrex was really designed to work with the Telrex
Balun.  Most people seem to agree that the Balun was junk.  Just a coil of
RG8 with a , for lack of a better phrase, a compensating coil of about 14ga
wire.  I really think the removal of that and the use of a RF choke made
from a coil of RG213 is why my TB6EM resonates on channel 19 and a minor dip
also high on 10m.  15m and 20m meters works great, no problem with them.

Maybe the design is different, almost certainly so, but look at your
feedpoint before you pull the antenna down.  Maybe something has corroded or
come loose.  Adjustment of the element lengths on the Telrex made virtually
no difference.  For me that will soon be past as I am going to Force 12 for
the Tribander and a TB6EM will soon be available in Central IL.

Greg K9ZM

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----