[TowerTalk] C4 vs C4s

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C4 vs C4s
From: ve6yc@home.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:25:27 +0100
Hi All:
I am looking to replace my TH6dxx and Discoverer 7-1
with either a C4 or a C4s.
After looking at the two antennas, my question is:
is there any real point in going to the C4 over the C4s?
          Dollars   boom  weight   Sq. Ft.
C4        789       18ft   39lb     6.4
C4s       699       12ft   33lb     5.7

With gain figures with in .1 dB of each other I think that
the C4s is the better choice.

Part two:
How far down should I stack a C3s from the C4s that will be at
72 feet?
The lower antenna will be fixed on EU.
(this is the long term plan)

--