[TowerTalk] What is the advantage to drilling the spreader to attach wir

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What is the advantage to drilling the spreader to attach wires?
From: (
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:40:50 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/01 7:35:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

 If there is any? Ive seen the way Lighting Bolt attaches the wire
 through small tubes and
 hose clamps. I have seen where using that way lets the spreaders
 sometime get out of
 alignment beacause the tube slides on the wire.
 I wonder if drilling like Qubex does will weaken the spreader
 What do you think????????
It's a very good technique for attaching the wire to the poles  I had heavy
winds with ice loading with no shift.  The small .062" aluminum welding wire
did stretch but not shift with a 5 band 2 element quad.  I could see where
that could happen with a mono bander but not a 3 or 5 bander.  Add insulated
pig tails around the loop.  That will stop it.  k7gco

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,