[TowerTalk] Tower height question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower height question
From: (Lawrence, Kirk)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:43:15 -0400

        Not sure if I have seen this before, but can't seem to find it
so here goes.  I am planning on putting up a tower, approx. 10-15 feet
away from my shack (the base is anyway) with a 4 element tri-bander on
it [Mosley].  My question is, how high must I go to avoid RF from
overloading inside?  I had a tower at a different location that was
approx. 25 feet high with the same antenna and had quite a bit of RF
staying in..could have been something else entirely....but I felt it
may be because I was not high enough.  So the question is, what might
be the minimum I can get away with.  I am considering a 50 ft.
tower...max!  I think I would be ok, but anybody have any practical
experience?  I'd really rather hear from those who have this
situation...not the book readers...I get plenty of "know-it-all's" at
work!  HI

        73  Kirk   AB8BC

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,