[TowerTalk] HDR-300 question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 question
From: (Fred Helmstetter)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:28:28 -0500

I installed a well-used HDR-300 last summer to turn a 5 el 20m Yagi (40ft
boom) and miscellaneous other smaller antennas on the same mast. The HDR-300
moves the stuff around quite well but there's 10-20 degrees of "play" in
direction when the brake is engaged.  Even in fairly light winds the
antennas always seem to be wiggling around.  Not a big deal on 20m but it's
a bit of a hassle with the 9WL 432 beam at the top of the mast...  Is this
"normal" for the HDR-300?  Any way to fix/improve it?

Fred, N9FH

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,