[TowerTalk] Poly phaser protectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Poly phaser protectors
From: k4bet@bellsouth.net (Paul McInnish - K4BET)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:35:46 -0700
Bob... I am starting to hear more and more of the "negatives" about
PolyPhaser and their turning away from us 'hams' and this gives me some
concern... we, at our business, are starting to look at including either
PolyPhaser products in our line (either private labeled or not private
labeled... decision not made, yet). Or at least making an exclusive
recommendation to our customer base (PolyPhaser or some other line).  We
have two areas that require lightning protection... Wireless Internet and
Wireless Networking and Data transfer in a commercial and industrial
environment (no consumer products or programs) (our web site is:
http://www.cironet.com).

I have some immediate needs here at home (both RF - new tower and antennas,
Telco - fax & electronic telephones, DSL - for our Internet and e-mail and
networking - fairly extensive LAN) and if they slight the ham, then they may
be cutting off their nose to spite their face... I just wonder how many hams
would turn their business elsewhere, those hams that are employed by firms
that are in a decision making position.  I can tell you, I sure as heck will
take a look at their position (and being the Business Development Manager
for our firm, I sure do have a serious influence on who and what we buy for
our commercial customers not to mention what I will buy for use at home).

I have sent them an e-mail about this "slighting" of the "little guy"
(including the little business) and if or when I get a response, I would be
most pleased to post it... what ya'll say?

All the best.... & 73,

Paul McInnish - K4BET