[TowerTalk] Grounding help needed

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding help needed
From: (Eric Scace)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 20:12:36 +0400
   I have been told that another consideration for "shallow" grounds is
freezing.  Ground rods extending below the frost level will
work better when the top layers of soil are frozen than rods which remain in
contact only with frozen soil.  However I have not seen
any definitive studies of effectiveness of grounding systems when soil is

   It is a fact that thunderstorms can occur at times of the year when the
ground is frozen.

-- Eric K3NA

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,