[TowerTalk] Cushcraft R7

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R7
From: KD8OK" < (KD8OK)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:23:26 -0400
I currently have an R7 mounted at 8 feet above the ground.  The SWR curve is
as advertised, however from time to time the SWR goes through the roof on
every band.

I had the antenna down recently to repair the 40 meter portion and inspected
it, but I cannot find anything loose or broken.  This doesn't seem to be
weather related.

I sent an email to Cushcraft about the problem but only got a "canned"
response back.

I suspect the "black box" has a problem, but since Cushcraft no longer
supports this antenna (even though it is only 6 years old) I am not sure
that I can replace it.

While I am not a big fan of this antenna, it is currently the only one that
I have up for HF.

Any ideas?

Michael Murphy - KD8OK

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,