[TowerTalk] Cleaning/referb of antennas

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cleaning/referb of antennas
From: (Geo Clute W7LFD)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:44:00 -0700

I just referb'd my Telerex 4 Element 10 meter beam.  Household lye
just boiled off the Aluminum Oxide.

Several folks here suggested it and after building the trough for the
boom and elements it was simply a matter of placing them into a
solution of lye and warm water.
Boiling off hydrogen can be dangerous...but stand back and hose them
off with water after about 5 minutes.

George W7LFD

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,