[TowerTalk] Unknown Wilson Yagi?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Unknown Wilson Yagi?
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 02:53:30 -0400
At 07:23 PM 9/27/01 -0500, Todd Dravland wrote:
>I have 2 of the Wilson SY-36 yagis, 3 trapped elements, 3 untrapped on a
>24 ft boom, with whats referred to as a beta match at the feedpoint
>consisting of 2 tubes and a shorting strap across the boom. The driven
>element is insulated from the boom, of course.

The CL-36's feed system was an odd arrangement that had two insulated wires
inside the driven element, apparently capacitatively coupled to the
element.  We had one of these in a club station in downtown DC that worked
pretty well till it got blown off the top of an 8-story building in a storm.

73, Pete N4ZR

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,