[TowerTalk] Connectors for LMR-400

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors for LMR-400
From: Mike" < (Mike)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:42:24 -0700
I have been using PL-259's successfully on LMR-400 until today. Normally when
I thread the connector over the dressed end of the cable, the connector body
"cuts" a thread in the outer jacket which tightens the connector body against
the cable. Perhaps I am getting them too hot or something but I did four or five
today and in all but one case the connector body was loose after soldering.
is a good electrical connection between the braid and the connector vis-a-vis
the soldering, but I can't help but feel squeamish about the loose mechanical

Any advice?

Mike, W4EF..........

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,