[TowerTalk] Will the M2 Rotors work in the HDX-589 tower???????/

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Will the M2 Rotors work in the HDX-589 tower???????/
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 00:20:30 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/01 8:21:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time, lew@teleport.com
writes:

>      By the M2 rotors I assume you're discussing the OR2800DC? If so
>  it'll fit inside the top section of a HDX-579, but you must insist on
>  the circular drive plate modification. The drive plate usually is
>  configured in an ovoid shape, which won't let it turn inside the top of
>  the HDX-589.
>       The factory can make the modified drive plate, or a friendly
>  machinist can make the oval a round plate..or if you're deft with a
>  sawz-all you can do it yourself.

    Actually there are two mast clamp plates available for the Orion; a 6"
round one and a 6"x9" version. The round one will take up to a 2" mast; the
oval one will handle up to 3". The factory can provide either version - just
ask them.

    BTW M2 has recently moved. It's been traumatic and they're not fully
operational yet so if you're waiting for something from them, it may take a
little longer. The new address is on their website. Phone number is the same.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,