[TowerTalk] Re: Force12

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Force12
From: (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:37:15 -1000

Force 12 spec depends upon 100 feet of coax:

>  Sounds like their BW  quote depends on there being enough
> loss in the  feedline to achieve it.

Some years ago,  Dave Leeson,  now W6NL posted the
explanation here on Tower Talk.  The length of line creates
a double tuned transformer which per theory does,  in fact,
increase the "system" bandwidth.  It is NOT added loss,  it
is a form of matching transformer.  I do not recall the details,
but suppose they can be found in the archives.  These
posts were at least 5 years ago,  perhaps even further back.
Dave is a PhD in EE,  and has written many articles/books
in the tech literature;  so presume he knows about what he
suggests to be true!

And,  yes,  I would guess that the "transformer" of a 100 foot
coax would only be optimum for a particular band area;
probably on 15 meters if I remember anywhere near correct,  hi.

73,  Jim  KH7M

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,