[TowerTalk] Feedline Pipe or tubing

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feedline Pipe or tubing
From: (
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 06:33:00 -0700

> I believe that most of the water (and you would be surprised how
> much can
> accumulate) will be from condensation. You cannot easily prevent
> this

Water will indeed accumulate and cause all kinds of problems
including a nasty mold!  Sometime after I installed a 200 foot run
of pipe I noticed an foul odor coming out of it at the shack end.
I tried plugging the pipe with some spongy foam to block the air
but that didn't help much.  Then I installed a Tee connector in the
pipe at each end and screened over the Tee part of it, orienting
the Tee to keep out rain.  I left the foam in the tube ends to
block outside air.  The Tees allowed fresh air to circulate in the
tube and the odor problem disappeared.

Charlie, N0TT

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,