[TowerTalk] TLW Program

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TLW Program
From: (alsopb)
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:45:06 +0000

About 8 months ago QST had an article on the TLW program.  It also
comes on the CD-ROM for the 19th Edition of the ARRL antenna handbook.

It allows one to do all kinds of neat things.  Given a measurement of
Z and SWR at the shack end of the coax (assuming you know the coax
type and length):

1) Computes the antenna's feed point impedance
2) Computes peak voltages, currents
3) Computes power lost in the coax
4) Computes the L/C of a matching network at the shack end or antenna

How accurate it is, I don't know.  It ought to get one in the right
ball park.

73 de Brian/K3KO

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,