[TowerTalk] Salt Water and Salt Lake City, UT

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Salt Water and Salt Lake City, UT
From: K4tmc@aol.com (K4tmc@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 21:57:12 EDT
I am sitting in the Atlanta, GA airport having just finished a flight that
took me into and out of Salt Lake City, UT.  In flying over the SLC area,
there is a large body of salt water and surrounding salt marshes.  Is there
anyone on the reflector that knows if this salt water inland lake provides
the same signal enhancements that could be expected at the ocean.  Or, are
the surrounding mountains in the SLC area too close, and thus adversely
affect the low angle radiation?

73,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC