[TowerTalk] Ham-M rotator mod web sites?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham-M rotator mod web sites?
From: (Ed Pugh (VA3PU))
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:01:06 -0400

I just bought a used Ham-M rotator last week.  This is the "old
version" with the brown bakelite control box with the single
lever switch.  I am concerned that there is no brake delay for
this controller (not even a manual one).

Is there a web site somewhere that details how to build (from
scratch) and install a brake delay circuit for this rotator?
Would putting in a brake delay make it unnecessary to add the
"torsion bar" recommended in the Ham-M rotator manual?

Also, is there a web site anywhere that shows how to construct
and install a PC interface?

In general, are there any other web sites which detail home-brew
mods to the Ham-M rotator?

If I were to add a switch into primary of the motor/brake
transformer, or switches into the motor and/or brake circuits on
the secondary side, what should be the contact ratings for such

Note that I am interested in completely home-brewing my own mods
to the rotator control; not purchasing a commercially available

Ed Pugh (VA3PU)
Ottawa, Ontario

Ed Pugh   | A common mistake that people make when trying
VA3PU     | to design something completely foolproof is to
Ottawa ON | underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
CANADA    | - Douglas Noel Adams (1952 - May 11, 2001 :-( )

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,