[TowerTalk] Rebuilding Ham M Rotor

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding Ham M Rotor
From: (Bill Coleman)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:11:52 -0400
On 10/4/01 1:59 PM, Anthony Bowyer at wrote:

>  Those of you who rebuild your own rotors, do you
>paint the base of the brake housing, the part that
>mount on a plate or has the lower mast support

I didn't see any need to paint mine.

I once had an AR22 that had seen far, far too many years outdoors. I
sandblasted it, and it looked good as new for 8 years when I sold it.

On my Ham-M did separate the aluminum housing from the galvanized steel
rotator shelf with stainless washers. It also forms a small gap which
allows air to circulate and avoid water to pool and corrode both the
shelf and the housing.

I used stainless 1/4" bolts as well.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,