[TowerTalk] CL 33 Problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CL 33 Problems
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 09:40:25 -0600
Lining up full size single band REFLECTORS is a GOOD idea.

Unfortunately, when parasistic DIRECTORS are lined up, the
lower frequency elements act as inefficient reflectors in FRONT
of the higher band elements, therefore, multiband directors are
used to prevent these undesired effects.

The Cushcraft X7 and HyGain TH11 are good examples of
commercial antennas using full size reflectors and trapped
directors (along with log cell driven elements).

A GOOD simple 2L tribander can be built using a split dipole
Driven Element (old Mosley or HyGain DE) combined with
single band parasitic reflectors on a 10 to 12 ft boom.
The TELREX  TB4 was such an antenna.  Add a trapped
director on an 18 ft boom for a little more gain and F/B.
The TELREX TB5 is an example of this approach.

Tom  N4KG