[TowerTalk] Re: Remove enamel from CU wire

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Remove enamel from CU wire
From: (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 09:57:22 -0600

Thanks for all of the responses. I made a small mistake. I should have made
it clear that I intend to leave the enamel on the wire except for a few
spots were I want to make a solder connection.

I guess I was just lazy -- a knife, a file and some sandpaper will do the
job but when I have to do tens of wires I start to look for a less labor
intensive solution :-) Anyway I have been told that enamel is no longer used
... apparently it has been replaced by a resin and there is nothing other
than elbow grease and fire that will remove it.

tnx for all of the wonderful suggestions.

.. sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,