[TowerTalk] 402 CD Modifications

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 402 CD Modifications
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:59:18 -0700
At Tue, 09 Oct 2001 19:20:37 -0500, Tim Duffy <> wrote:
> Can someone tell me the size and length of the screws used to modify the
> coil connections on the CushCraft 402CD? The modification uses a through
> the insulator screw in place of the stock self tapping screw.  The screw
> size (#6, #8 or #10) is critical so that the screw size matches the wire
> lug at the coil ends. What is the diameter of the coil form?

The complete Leeson 40-2CD modification article is available on-line at  In Page 6 of that article Dave

"I replaced the loading-coil-terminal plated self-tapped screws with
#10-32 x 1-1/4-inch stainless-steel screws. I drilled and tapped holes
through the aluminum tube and secured the screws with safety nuts."

Following these instructions, including the drilling and taping, will
give the desired results.

73, Dick
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,