[TowerTalk] loss resistance

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] loss resistance
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:16:50 -0400
At 08:24 AM 10/14/01 -0600, wrote:
>On Sun, 14 Oct 2001  Pete Smith <> writes:
>> Am I correct in assuming that the loss resistance and the feedpoint
>> impedance are in parallel at the feedpoint of a vertical?
>> 73, Pete N4ZR
>Think about that Pete.  If the loss resistance were in parallel
>with the feed impedance, then the higher the LOSS resistance,
>the LESS it's effect would be.  NOT logical.
>The Loss resistance is in SERIES.

Tom's right, of course, but .... if I measure R=7 at the bottom of my shunt
feed, and the tower is only grounded by three ground rods and 4 x 125 foot
radials, how much of that series combination is loss, and how much is the
feedpoint?  It's hard for me to imagine that the loss component is only 7

73, Pete N4ZR

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,