Fw: [TowerTalk] Voltage vs Current feed

To: <>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] Voltage vs Current feed
From: (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:50:24 -0400
> Basically Current Feed is when the feedpoint
> is a Current Node and Voltage Feed is when
> the feedpoint is a Voltage Node.

The term node is misused often in Ham radio.

A node is defined as ""A point in a standing wave (stationary wave)
where the amplitude of the wave is a minimum" (Communications
Standard Dictionary and other references).

With that in mind current feed is at the current "maximum" or
"maxima", and that is generally at a voltage node.

Voltage feed would generally occur at the current node (or current

73, Tom W8JI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,