Fw: [TowerTalk] Voltage vs Current feed

To: <>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] Voltage vs Current feed
From: (
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:50:07 -0600
W8JI is correct.  I don't know where I picked up the
incorrect use of Voltage Node.  My Transmission Line
book refers to the voltage maximum as an "anti-node"
but I don't think we want to go there.

Voltage Maximum and Current Maximum are the
clear, correct, and most readily understood terms
to use.

Voltage Feed translates to feeding at a Voltage Maximum
Current Feed  translates to feeding at a Current Maximum

Tom  N4KG

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 "Tom Rauch" <> writes:
> > Basically Current Feed is when the feedpoint
> > is a Current Node and Voltage Feed is when
> > the feedpoint is a Voltage Node.
> The term node is misused often in Ham radio.
> A node is defined as ""A point in a standing wave (stationary wave)
> where the amplitude of the wave is a minimum" (Communications
> Standard Dictionary and other references).
> With that in mind current feed is at the current "maximum" or
> "maxima", and that is generally at a voltage node.
> Voltage feed would generally occur at the current node (or current
> minimum).
> 73, Tom W8JI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,