[TowerTalk] Viking KW matchbox.

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Viking KW matchbox.
From: (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 03:40:55 -0400
> What is a good KW matchbox worth?  The one without the meter in
> it.  There's a guy here that wants to sell me his, but doesn't
> know what to ask for it.  What is a good price? Thanks.

I have several of them, they were all around $150-200.

They certainly are a reasonably good tuner, but keep in mind there
are now at least two T-network tuners available that handle just as
much or more power over a wider frequency range. The Ameritron
ATR30 will handle more power over a wider frequency and wider
impedance range, and the Palstar seems to satisfy people with
higher power also although I have no first hand experience with that

All of my KW Matchboxes are now in the storage shed because of
the limited matching and frequency coverage. I mostly use my
tuners outside at or near the antenna, not in the house.
73, Tom W8JI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,