[TowerTalk] Is it worth it to move 2El Quad from 50ft to 100ft?????

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is it worth it to move 2El Quad from 50ft to 100ft?????
From: (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:45:42 -0400

Since the original question concerned a move from 50 to 100 feet, in my
experience a single 10 Meter antenna at 100 feet is almost always too
high to do much good.

With a single (multi-band) antenna, I prefer the 60 to 70 foot height for
general operation.  It is still "too high" many times on 10 Meters (ca.
2 wavelengths) but it "about right" (1.25 to 1.5 wavelength) on 15 Meters
and a bit "low" (.8 to 1 wavelength) on 20.  Only if one were to have a
stack of antennas (ca. 30/60/90 feet) would 100 feet be an appropriate
"top height" for 10 meters.

   ... Joe, K4IK

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,