[TowerTalk] Is it worth it to move 2El Quad from 50ft to 100ft?????

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is it worth it to move 2El Quad from 50ft to 100ft?????
From: (
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:17:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/17/01 9:46:48 AM Central Daylight Time,

 Since the original question concerned a move from 50 to 100 feet, in my
 experience a single 10 Meter antenna at 100 feet is almost always too
 high to do much good.

Welllll, I think it also makes a difference where you are.  Here in Northern
Minnesota I have a C31XR (7 el on 10) at 110', and a C4 (3 with 2 drivers on
10) at 55'.  The high antenna seldom if ever is below the low one on 10.
Admittedly, it is a killer antenna on 10, one that actually allows me,
running 1500 watts, to often beat out stations on the east coast running 100
watts to a tribander at 30'.  :-)

John, N0IJ
Duluth, MN

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,