[TowerTalk] How to get rid of hornets & yellow jackets that in the groun

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to get rid of hornets & yellow jackets that in the ground
From: basalop@gte.net (Jim Berry)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:56:35 -0700

I think Pat is headed in the right direction for getting rid of
the yellow jackets in his rotor.  I am lucky that their sting just
leaves a little red spot and nothing else.  The next time I do get
stung by one of those things it will probably kill me though!

I also heard of ground hornets and yellow jackets being a problem.
These are stinging monsters that have their homes underground.  You
can get rid of them by sneaking up on their holes with a bottle
filled with gasoline.  Again, after sunset is the best time, when
they are all at home. You just plug the hole with the bottle, the
gas drains out, and the bugs die.  Leave the bottle in place a few
days.

73 Jim K7SLI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----