[TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's
From: (Blake Meinecke)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:07:38 -0400
>soldering them to the coax.
>I'm sure I never used anything hotter than a 100-watt gun!!<<

I don't think wattage has anything to do with temperature.  Wattage simply
refers to re-heating rate after heat loss to metal/solder/air.  Most
"XXwatt" irons just keep getting hotter and hotter if not used.  Ie:  15
watt iron takes longer to get glowing red tip than 250 watt one.  I have
never had problems with any (including junk) PL259s long as I use the
temperature control soldering station.

Blake N4GI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,