[TowerTalk] Tower power-winch recommendations

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower power-winch recommendations
From: (Dave Kaiser)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 01:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
The 110-volt electric winch, that has been on my
60 foot aluminum tower has rusted away. Amazing
that the tower outlasted the winch.

Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer or a
similar winch that could be used to lift tower

The winch I have now was boat winch I rigged up a
long time ago to do the job -- it has lasted over
20 years! It was made by Power Winch, in
Hamilton, OH. I noted that, at the school gym,
where my son plays basketball, they use a TWI ?
TW1000, ¾ h.p., 115 volt winch (to pull the
basketball stancion up and down. This winch looks
like it would hold just about anything! I went on
the Internet, looking for either of these two
companies and couldn't find them.

I would appreciate comments from anyone (lazy
like me) who has or knows of an electric winch
that could be used to raise and lower a tower
with a fairly heavy beam. I have a TH-11-DXX on
my aluminum tower.

Dave Kaiser, AL7HG

Do You Yahoo!?

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,