[TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's
From: (Paul Christensen)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:58:21 -0400
Or...QRO with those connectors located outside.  I suppose it would work for
indoor use, depending on how much braid you can
captivate beneath the shell.  As a teenager in the late '70s, I ran a Heath
SB-230 amp this way running ~ 600 watts output into RG-5
with BNC connectors.  I would never consider it today, but in retrospect, I
never recall one failure with the BNC/RG-5 combination
without a soldered braid.

-Paul, W9AC

> > I never solder the shield to the connector. I just cut the outer jacket
> off
> > and screw the connector on to the shield and solder the center conductor.
> > Been doing it for 30 years and have not had a problem no matter what
> > connectors I use.
> > This way they are also VERY easy to re use.
> Just curious if you operate QRO with those?  Tnx

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,