[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] Maximum Wind Load on Rohn 45G Towers

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] Maximum Wind Load on Rohn 45G Towers
From: (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:21:17 -0500
Guys are specified in the Rohn catalog as 8' down from the top (to allow for
large dish mount, I presume) vice at the top plate where most of us put
them. That likely makes a pretty big difference, too. I don't worry about my
45G coming apart. I do worry about my rotor getting trashed by long boom
antennas. Also, I note you said 20.3 sq ft at the TOP of the tower. Put that
much footage up 10 or 15 feet (or even 5 feet) above the top of the tower
and suddenly all bets are off, unless you are using the mother of all masts.
73, Jerry W5KP