[TowerTalk] Titanex Antenna Saga

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Titanex Antenna Saga
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:55:08 -0700
Maybe they are very compitent, as a shipping company and collecting border
brokerage fees.

In the US UPS is considered the best, but if we hams in Canada order from
the US we NEVER use UPS if w can help it.  They send it to Canada to their
closest point of a border broker then we have to pay and pay.  Canada post
is generally better.

Chris opr VE7HCB

At 05:39 PM 2001-10-24 -0400, Roger D. Johnson wrote:

>  I think my dealings with DANZAS are finally over. I received a call
>from their agent in Boston informing me that the antenna was there.
>Yipee! Only 100 miles away after going long path via Portland, Oregon.
>My elation soon subsided when the agent informed me that I had to travel
>to Boston to clear the antenna through customs! I asked them why they
>could't send the antenna up here and have it cleared through one of the
>local customs brokers. The reply was they wouldn't send it up here
>because they didn't have an office here!
>  After many phone calls and several different stories from DANZAS about
>the antenna's location and delivery dates, I had finally had enough. I
>told them to send it back to Titanex.
>  Anyone contemplating purchase of a Titanex antenna would be well
>advised
>to insist on another shipping company as DANZAS is totally incompetent.
>
>73, Roger
>
>List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
>Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
>supporting towers up to 100 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
>-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----