[TowerTalk] vertical antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical antennas
From: k1xt@hotmail.com (bill thomas)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:00:47 -0500

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:31:35 -0400
>

>This is why sparse elevated radial systems are lossy, just like very
>low dipoles are over bare earth.

Let's face it.  That's exactly what elevated radials are, "low
dipoles...over bare earth".  Thus, the antenna interaction encountered by
those like myself. They are bound to interact with close by antennas and
other nearby metalic objects. For those who have room to put them far away
from their other antennas, that's another story.  But I don't have that
luxury. They are certainly better than nothing, but one must understand the
pros and cons and the locations they have to work with.

Bill k1xt