[TowerTalk] Loading crankup towers?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loading crankup towers?
From: donhall@myriad.net (Don Hall)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:20:50 -0500
Rich,

I have used an LM354 crankup for some 15 years with loading wires for 80, 75
and 160 on the three corners.

It worked fine in north Texas with two(yes 2) radials and even better here
in southeast Texas with 32.

My signal seems to compare favorably with the other W5's around and have had
no trouble with any sort of intermittent contacts either on receive or
transmit.

Suggest you try to load it as-is and check the results before getting into
an elaborate cage building exercise.

Would be glad to discuss in more detail off the reflector.

73  Don  K5AQ

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----