[TowerTalk] Multiband dipoles

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiband dipoles
From: (Brad Bradfield)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:39:53 -0700 (PDT)

Breed's design (now patented) had only one element driven as a dipole.
The elements for the other frequencies (three total in his WARC example
that you mentioned) were "closely coupled resonators", and not driven
directly.  A swept frequency return loss plot showed very unique spikes
at each designed frequency of interest.

Brad, W5CGH

--- wrote:

> K9AY published an article on a 3 band
> wire dipole for the WARC bands in RF Design several years ago
> (Nov 1994).  He suggests conductor spacing (d) according to
> this formula:
> Log (d) = 0.54 x Log (D/4)   where D = conductor diameter
> (assuming equal D for each element).

Do You Yahoo!?

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,