[TowerTalk] C31XR

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C31XR
From: (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:00:18 -0500
> I didn't have a problem with 20, but the 15M problem seems to occur
> frequently.  Many, including N6BT, will tell you to fool around
> repositioning the red wires between the two driven elements.  I didn't
> that to be helpful.  My 15M resonant point was about where yours is.

Mine's at 72 ft on GME aluminum tower, with nothing else at all.  I never
had the 15M problem - flat 1.2:1.  Hardly any effect of the spacing of the
feed wires.

> Aluma crank-up. I have a 13b2 cc about 3.5 ft above it with a Diamond
> triband vertical(6,2,440) above that. Its being fed with 100ft of 9913f
> (brand new). I measured it at 25 ft and up about 60ft and the results were
> the same measuring with a MFJ 269

I was advised to put the EF240 (if I ever got one) at least 8-10 ft above
the C31XR.  Part of the problem has to be the close spacing of the yagi's.

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,