[TowerTalk] 10 & 15 Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 10 & 15 Yagi
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:51:19 -0600
Designing a multiband Yagi takes a LOT of work.
Why not just put up the TH6?

I tried interlacing a 3L15 on the boom of my Telrex 3L20.
Bottom Line:   The 20M director knocked the gain of the
15M beam down by about 2 dB, acting as an inefficient
reflector out in front.  That's why most tribanders use
trapped DIRECTORS.

You can line up Reflectors with no problem.

Another approach would be to use a trapped DE,
separate reflectors and a 10M director, yielding
a 3L10 and 2L15.  That is probably the simplest
approach.

Tom  N4KG