[TowerTalk] Homebrew Rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Rotators
From: Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl (Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:25:44 +0100
Hi Glenn,

I suggest to do the following:

1, Create azimuthal maps centered on your QTH. There are many free SW for
this purpose available on the internet. My preference is AZMAP by Paul AA6Z.

2, Print the map and affix it on a piece of plastic board.

3, Drill a 3mm hole at every 15 degrees for LEDs.

4, At the rotator drive a small rotary switch which has 24 positions. With a
diode matrix I reduce the number of wires needed back to the shack.

You will get a very reliable system providing very visual readout.

Best regards,

Zoli HA1AG

http://www.anwireless.com

-----