[TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's
From: pringle50@home.com (pringle50@home.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:02:49 -0600
Be extremely thankful you have had good luck SO FAR with crimp
connectors.  Most crimp connectors will leak RF around the junction of
the shield and the crimp surface.  If they don't leak immediately,
they will later.  You all that advocate the crimp connectors are most
correct in that they are quick to install but DO NOT necessarily
provide a good connection.

73,
J. Leon Pringle, Jr.      W 5 N A