[TowerTalk] Ham-M IV Refurb?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham-M IV Refurb?
From: Steve/n0tu" <n0tu@webaccess.net (Steve/n0tu)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 19:32:53 -0700
Tower is going up soon. What's the drill on refurbing the Ham-m IV? I'm
checking it over before it goes up the tower. I see theres brake delay kits
offered for this item. And a "wedge"? ....are these necessary and/or
recommended?

I'm not sure this unit really needs any work as of yet. Originally it was in
use for about 3 yrs turning a KT34a (the 4 el - 16' boom model) in CO (windy
zone). I about to split the bell to check out how it looks thinking better
now than later after a problem occurs! So please what's ur opinions and what
to look for?

I have a run of almost 300' to the tower, and I thinking of mounting the
rotor starting cap in a junction box at the base. Thoughts?

Steve/n0tu

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----