[TowerTalk] Amplifier Interface

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Amplifier Interface
From: n2tk@earthlink.net (N2TK)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:02:45 -0500
I can't comment on the 922 or 80B with the 950sdx, but here is what I do for
keying any amp. I take the "+12VDC ON" signal from pin 7 of the remoter
connector. That feeds a series 10k resistor to the gate of a power mosfet I
bought at Radio Shack. I put a 100k resistor from the gate to ground. I use
the mosfet to key the amp. I have been using this on 930, 940, 950, and
751's to key  Acom, Alpha, and Dentron amps. Don't hear the relay in the
transceiver and don't worry about the contact rating of the relay. I haven't
lost a relay with QSK doing this.

Tony