[TowerTalk] Radial wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radial wire
From: ka1kjz@home.com (Ronald C. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:48:44 -0500
Another possible source of radial wire.....

If you have a railroad nearby that uses the caternary system (Metro North
RR, north of Pelham is one, Amtrak below NYC is another)  they use great
spans of wire for the 11 KV power.  This wire, when ripped down, must go
somewhere.

Talk to the director of maintenance to find out if he will part with it for
the salvage price they get for it, or find the salvage yard where they send
it (there are two in New Haven alone) and strike a deal with the guy there.

I have not tried this myself, yet...  but I have heard of retired railroad
workers using this wire for antennas.

Ron :)

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----