[TowerTalk] How to mount choke balun?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to mount choke balun?
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Tom Delker)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:14:26 -0600
That is a good question Tom. It would be interesting to know what effect
running an aluminum tube through the middle of one of these baluns is.

I know that aluminum does little or nothing to block electromagnetic
fields from nearby transformers, so I guess I was figuring the
interaction would be minimal, or at least a better option that strapping
the balun to the boom where all of the turns rest right up against the
metal boom. Again, that is just a guess and it would be interesting for
someone to actually measure the effects of the various mounting schemes.

I am using this mounting method on a Hy-Gain 155BA, CushCraft D-40, and
a Force 12 C-3E. All of these antennas appear to work fine with no ill
effects.

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna/Gallatin, TN (IRLP NODE #466)