[TowerTalk] HG-70HD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HG-70HD
From: barrie@centric.net (Barrie Smith)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:04:50 -0700
Hello Bob:

I have that same tower, just recently installed.  I have an electric winch
on it that I obtained locally.  It seems to do a FB job of raising and
lowering the tower.  I can provide the make and model if you desire.

So far, I've never had my tower "all the way up".   Each time I raise it I
go a few feet more.  I'm close to 60' now.  Since I have four 6M yagis on an
H-Frame, with AZ and EL, perched upon it, I lower it whenever it's not in
use.

Which brings up the remote control.  I'd like to be able to control the
raising and lowering from within the shack, but having very little
experience with either crank-up towers, or remote-control devices, I'm at a
loss.

I hope someone on the list comes up with a dandy idea for you, I and all of
us!

73, Barrie, W7ALW