[TowerTalk] 25G leg plug?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 25G leg plug?
From: k4sqr@juno.com (k4sqr@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 07:16:55 -0500
Tom;

Using a long bladed screw driver, use it to remove "plug". This is how
Rohn ships the leg hardware. It is in a clear plastic tube with either
blue or red end caps, approximately 4" long.

Good luck,

Jim Miller, K4SQR
http://www.comteksystems.com
4-Square Experts, Stack Yagi
& Remote Antenna Switching Systems

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:56:08 -0800 (PST) Tom Mattus <wa9wsj@yahoo.com>
writes:

> Hello Team,
> While cleaning out a used tower section leg, I
> discovered what looks like a tin plug stuck in the leg
> about 4 inches from the end. It has an 1/8 in hole in
> the center. The other two legs are unplugged. So
> what's up with this? Anyone see this before? My first
> inclanation is to remove it, thereby eliminating a
> place for water/ice to accumulate. Any GOOD reason for
> it to be there?
>
> Thanks
> Tom WA9WSJ

> systems,
> Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our
> self
> http://www.anwireless.com
>
> -----

Jim Miller, K4SQR