[TowerTalk] 80m dipole on a small lot

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m dipole on a small lot
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:50:05 -0600
The closer the ends are to the ground, the higher the ground
loss.  You would be better off using the tower as a vertical.
Do you have a beam on top?  See my article on
Elevated GP Antennas in JUNE 1994 QST or any ARRL
Handbook since.  OR, you could shunt feed the tower
against radials on the ground, preferable 30 or more
as long as you can make them.

Tom  N4KG